Christy Plaice, LPC, MAC, CCT, DCC
Clinical Director & Founder
Somatic Attachment & Trauma Therapist
When we become wrapped up in stuck patterns, it is often connection with others that we need most, yet this is what is difficult to maintain. Most clients desire connection within themselves; feel secure, have self-forgiveness, and need deeper insight to gain value, worth, love & purpose.
As a licensed professional counselor (LPC), I have provided psychotherapy, counseling, presentations/trainings, consultations, supervision, and leadership in a variety of arenas: business owner, Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice; athletic counseling for injured athletes returning to their sport for college, professional, and Olympians; young adult addiction clinician specializing in substance abuse and trauma at Foundations Recovery Network IOP; Clinical Director of a young adult wilderness therapy program in North Carolina; clinical director of a recovery transitional living program for young adult men in NC; clinical consultant for outpatient & residential treatment programs (nationwide) to provide training to direct care staff on a variety of training topics.
Education & Credentials
- Master’s degree in Professional Mental Health Counseling
- Master's in Addiction Counseling (MAC)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Georgia
- Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Distant Certified Counselor (DCC)
- National Certification in Child Trauma (CCT) from the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress & National Center for Crisis Management.
Continuing Care plans: Transition after Residential Treatment
With substance abuse and mental health, I provide therapy and support by creating wellness plans for families, teens and/or young adults who are transitioning back into a healthier life after residential treatment. Reintegration into healthy environments are valuable and critical to wellness and long-term recovery.
Current Clinical Professional Memberships
- International Society and the Study of Trauma & Dissociation
- National Board Certified Counselors
- American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- National Center for Crisis Management
- American Counseling Association
- The Society for the Integration of Spirituality & Psychotherapy
- National Association for Addiction Professionals
- Georgia Addiction Counselors Association
- WPATH - clinical member of & honor treatment standards set forth by WPATH - World Professional Association of Transgender Health.
Jessica Perez, LMSW - Counselor
Jessica Perez is a licensed master's social worker and obtained her graduate degree from the University of Georgia. She began her start in the field in 2010 volunteering at a grief camp for kids over the death of a loved one: a parent or sibling.
Jessica continues to volunteer at Camp Magik today.
She also has professional experience working with the Gwinnett County Detention center, being volunteer counselor at Positive Impact in Atlanta, & with community mental health spaces.
With a heart for volunteer work, she has also offered her time at MARR in their parent program; she will start a group for parents of those suffering from addiction (sober/ active use) in Jan 2018.
Population of clients: Ages 13 and older
Areas of experience include: disordered eating, addiction, chronic physical illness, crisis stabilization, & grief work.
While Jessica values talk therapy, the utilization of art therapy modalities can also facilitate growth & healing in sessions - based on a client's needs and fit. Jessica will be working under the direction & supervision of Christy Plaice, LPC, MAC, CCT while seeing clients at Door of the Soul.
To contact Jessica - Email: [email protected]
David Purcell - Practice Manager
David Purcell is an integral part of the practice with Door of the Soul, LLC as Office Manager. David has over 25 years in finance related duties most recently at Automatic Data Processing as Director of Issue Resolution. Compassion, engagement, and attention to detail are some of the many wonderful qualities that makes David valuable within this practice. David currently lives in the Historic District of Roswell with his wife Carol. They have 2 adult daughters that live in the area also.